Friday 15 November 2013

"Deaf & Dumb"

 "I am in no mood to talk or let alone motivate anybody, I have problems of my own", I thought.

"God must do something"! I muttered desperately. "God I am tired, you know I have tried", I tried to justify my frustrations because I well know that I should not be frustrated. God do something! I said angrily.

But before I could finish my sentence, someone knocked on my door. Who is it? I asked impatiently, there was no response. Please who is it? I asked, a little shaken and frightened. Then I got up to open the door, the door swung open almost immediately. Heh! I screamed, as if I had seen a ghost.

Aaaaah! I said with some relief,upon seeing it was an old friend of mine.
In no mood for conversations, we began exchanging pleasantries Then he proceeded to tell me why he had come.

Apparently, he had gained admission into a training college but after paying the fees in the bank, he didn't take the receipt back to the school. When school reopened and he went, his admission had been given to another person. This year he applied but he was not admitted because tertiary institutions don't take D7 again, and the remedial registration has also ended.

If he can ever get admission, he has to wait for the next 2 years. He has also been searching for a job in order make ends meet but to no avail, and now he is thinking of learning a trade to help cater for his tuition before he goes back to school.
Ironically, he came for me to encourage him. He told me he wants motivation and direction because he CANNOT fail in life.


This story
is unique because this friend of mine is both "DEAF & DUMB".
After he told me all this, using written and sign language, I became ashamed of myself. Aaaaah! I was discouraged because a certain funding for a certain heavenly project is yet to be released from the "Heavenly Coffers". OMG!

My friend spoke no words but I heard God speak, he didn't try to motivate me but his approach to his problems have made mine infinitesimal. God still works in mysterious ways; he helped me through a man feeling helpless.

My Friend! You think you have issues? The problem you have IS someones prayer request. If they could JUST have your PROBLEM, they would need no SOLUTION. Be Patient, Grateful and Joyful!
Because Daddy upstairs is still at WORK!
Nana Sapho Asante

No comments:

Post a Comment